Managing Product Attributes Via CSV
Once your attributes are added, you can include the "Attribute Code" as the column header in any of your CSV Imports when creating or updating your products. Enter your attribute Values in the column fields.
By default Zoey Products have the following fields to fill in information: Name, Description, Short Description (Overview), Barcode
But you may need a place to store more specific product details such as: Product Dimensions,
Materials, Diameter, Class, etc...
Think through the following questions to identify if you need to create Custom Attributes:
- Do my products have a series of details or "specs" that our customers and sales reps need to see?
- Do my products need to be sorted by anything other than Name, Price or a manual sort order I can specify inside of Zoey already?
- Do I want my products to be filterable into smaller groupings than the Category navigation?
- Are there any specific values my sales reps and/or customers use to search for products other than name or SKU? (i.e. UPC or other coded value for the product)
- Am I setting up Configurable Products?
Your Zoey Store will have a few Custom Attributes to start: Barcode, Item Condition, Size and Color
Drop-Down/Multi-Select (Configurable Product Attributes)
Drop-Down or Multi-Select Attributes, like those used for defining Variations/Configurable Products MUST HAVE THEIR POSSIBLE VALUES ADDED otherwise your import will fail.
This means if your products come in different Sizes, those Size values will need to be added to the Size attribute in Products > Attributes > Size.
Once you save a Multiple Select or Drop Down attribute, you will be able to add your values.
Select "Add a New Value" to add values one at a time, or select "Add Multiple Values" to add several attributes at a time, separated by a comma.
Restricted Staff Account by Product Attribute
If you have Product attribute set to Allow Staff Account Restrictions, a new section in the Role Permissions in Team > Users will show up called "Custom Access" that allows you to limit the Admin User's access by the values of that attribute.
Note: Allow Staff Account Restrictions is only available on Drop-down type attributes.
Updated 9 months ago