Accounts are the parent organizations for Customers. Accounts can have their own Net Terms accounts or other allowed payment and shipping options. They may have multiple locations and multiple customers assigned to those locations with varying permissions. As a rule of thumb, if you have more than one contact person or multiple locations within an organization, it should be set up as an Account.
- An Account may have one or multiple Locations
- A Location may have one or multiple Addresses
- The Account Owner(s) have full permissions over the account to place orders or submit quotes. Account Owners may also manage Account Locations, Addresses and invite Users or "Additional Customers" to their account.
- Additional Customers may be invited or assigned to the Location(s) of an Account.
- These Customers may be assigned different Roles that can be configured with different Permissions such as requiring approval before placing orders.
- An Account may have a Net Term account with a specified Credit Limit
- A Location may have it's own Net Term account, separate from the Account's Net Terms
- An Account may have specific allowed Payment and Shipping Methods
- A Location may have it's own allowed Payment and Shipping Methods separate from the Account's
Customers are users (contacts) within an Account or several Accounts. Customers may be assigned permissions or roles such as Account Admin or a restricted buyer who can create Quotes but not Orders.
- When linked to an Account, Customers may be assigned different Roles that can be configured with different Permissions such as requiring approval before placing orders.
- Customers may be assigned to multiple Accounts
- Customers linked to Accounts will use the Account address book
Account Roles & Permissions
Customers do not need to be linked to Accounts.
- Customers without Accounts is typically used if there is only one contact within a company.
- Without Accounts, Customers will have their own address book.
- Customers without Accounts cannot have multiple buyers, different Net Terms per locations or a hierarchy of roles and permissions.
Updated 5 months ago